10 Things to Know Before You Buy a Rolling Rack
1. Rolling racks are designed mostly for use in storage areas like closets or basements. They're generally plain in design and provide plenty of hanging space.
2. Before buying a rolling rack, measure the space where you plan to put it. Make sure the rack will fit comfortably while still allowing you room to access the items and move the rack when necessary.
3. If you're working with limited space, a rolling rack is ideal because it can be rolled easily out of the way when you need to reach other things in the room.
4. Double bar rolling racks are designed to hold both large and small items. Hang jackets and dresses on the upper bar, and pants and skirts on the lower bar.
5. For maximum versatility, choose a double bar rolling rack with a swinging lower bar. If you don't plan on using the lower bar, you can simply swing it out of the way to accommodate long items hanging from the top.
6. Because they're designed to be portable, rolling racks should also be extremely durable and sturdy to keep them from tipping over. Choose a rolling rack made from heavy gauge steel.
7. Some rolling racks have a shelf across the bottom. This area is designed to hold shoes or folded items such as sweaters.
8. Rolling racks are ideal for business use. If your hotel, church, or office is in need of a coat rack, consider a rolling rack for maximum versatility.
9. Many rolling racks are available in adjustable sizes. Increase the height and width of the rack to hang large items, or decrease the size to save on space in a crowded area.
10. Make sure to choose a rolling rack with high quality casters. You will want durable, non-skid wheels that will not mark your floors. Some rolling racks have locking casters so you can keep the rack firmly in place.